Leafy Lilyfield is Offering it All for Families
If you’ve been looking for rental properties in Balmain in Sydney, or suburbs such as Rozelle or Leichhardt, it’s definitely worth expanding your search to include Lilyfield. This understated suburb is getting attention for all the right reasons: it offers beautifully relaxed and family-oriented living, easy proximity to the city and water, and a wonderfully diverse community.
What’s Lilyfield like to live in?
Situated just 6 kilometres from the CBD, Lilyfield is home to plenty of families including multi-generational households. There are quality schools to choose from in the suburb, including Inner Sydney Montessori School and Orange Grove Primary School as well as those in surrounding areas. There are both local grocery stores and the big name supermarkets close by, as well as a local café strip at Orange Grove Plaza. The light rail stop in Lilyfield also makes for effortless commuting to the city. So what about your spare time?
Well, here’s how you might like to spend your weekends in Lilyfield:
- Strolling around the farmers markets at Orange Grove Primary School every Saturday.
- Taking it easy with a picnic overlooking the water in Hippo Park.
- Swim a few laps at Leichhardt Park Aquatic Centre.
- Joining one of the local soccer or sport teams, or playing your own game in local parklands.
- Walk, run or cycle the Bay Run circuit around Iron Bay.
- Join a course with NSW Writers at the historic Garry Owen House in Callan Park.
- Use the light rail system from Lilyfield for a quick commute to the city (typically under 15 minutes).
- Or, hop on your bike for a scenic ride to the city centre that takes around 25 minutes.
What types of rental properties are available in Lilyfield?
There’s plenty of choice when it comes to property types in Lilyfield. You could even find yourself a renovated Federation home or one of the original workers’ cottages to rent. Whether you’re after a lock-up-and-leave apartment or a home with a well-sized backyard for the kids and dog, you’re likely to find it in Lilyfield. This area offers some fantastic rental prices considering how close you are to the city and Iron Bay – put simply, it’s your chance to live in one of Sydney’s most desirable areas with a great community feel.
Let’s Rent provides property management in Sydney, and we regularly have properties listed in Lilyfield and surrounds. Why not check out our listings now?
Explore private rental properties in Sydney and Lilyfield